We have included this brief guide, to accompany the packs taken home by the pupils recently.
Set 1, 2 and 3 Maths
- Continue to follow the revision schedule for the maths revision book.
- Arithmetic – included in this pack are two sets of arithmetic tests (36 questions on each test) as well as four reasoning papers. Complete one test per week – time yourself to see whether you can complete the test in time allowed. If you finish before the time, ensure you thoroughly check your answers and use all of the time given. An answer guide is provided for you to check your scores.
- TT Rockstar's – complete the challenge sheets included. Login and try to raise your studio score!
- Mangahigh – aim to complete 2 assignments per day. Work through the recommended tasks and shoot for gold medals.
Set 1, 2 and 3 English
- Continue to use the revision schedule to practice both punctuation/grammar as well as reading comprehension.
- Writing – Use the images and writing prompts provided to write a variety of pieces. Remember to edit your work and use a dictionary and thesaurus (these can be found online as well) to help you. Take time writing each piece: focus on one a week being sure to follow the process of planning, writing and editing that you would normally do within your class
- Complete the practice revision papers – There are two sets (Spelling, punctuation and grammar, reading) Complete one test per week – time yourself to see whether you can complete the test in time allowed. If you finish before the time, ensure you thoroughly check your answers and use all of the time given. An answer guide is provided for you to check your scores.
- Spellings – daily practise of year 5 and 6 words. Each day learn five spellings.
All Classes – Theme
- Use your art books to create any extreme earth images. Be as creative as your imagination allows you. Use the picture prompts for inspiration.
- Complete the Hosaki Great Wave art activity. Make several rough drafts before creating a final version. Take your time and enjoy the process!
- Complete the colour tornado art activity
Please continue to reading at least 3 times per week and these reads be signed in your reading record.
Useful Websites For Further Learning
BBC Bitesize Maths KS2:
KS2 Maths Games:
KS2 Maths Questions
Times Table Rockstars:
English and Maths Active Learning Clips
Practical literacy skills for adults but perfectly fits KS2 Reading and Writing expectations
English Learning and Revision
BBC Bitesize English KS2:
Extra home learning resources:
Go to www.twinkl.co.uk/offer/ and enter the code: UKTWINKLHELPS.
You can then download their home learning resources.
Reynolds Academy PrincipalRebecca Scott
Tollbar MAT Chief ExecutiveDavid J Hampson
OBE, BSc, BA.