Main Theme: Superhero Me
End project: 5-minute presentation to FS2
Intent: What wider skills do we want the children to have developed by the end of this theme, supporting future learning and life skills?
- Working as part of a team
- Ability to show leadership
- Information gathering
- Making links
Intent: Outline the factual/topical areas that will be covered, enhancing the development of knowledge and cultural capital?
- Human body – external and internal organs
- Impact of exercise
- Mental health awareness
- Basic human needs
- Art – linked to organs
Intent: What opportunities will there be to develop Literacy and Numeracy skills?
- Timing – exercises
- Writing instructions
- Writing explanations
- Reading and following instructions
Impact: What opportunities will be provided to assess the development of knowledge and skills?
- Instructions – how to make a healthy meal
- Knowing the basic human needs
- Mental health
Impact: What specific areas of knowledge/skills will be developed during this theme, which will be assessed at different times by the teacher and by the pupil?
|Subject Knowledge/Skill||Curriculum Areas Covered|
|I can find out about and describe the basic needs of animals, including humans, for survival (water, food and air).||Science|
|I can describe the importance for humans of exercise, eating the right amounts of different types of food, and hygiene.||Science|
|I can use information to describe differences between then and now.||History and English|
|I can tell you the order I need to do things to make something happen and talk about this as an algorithm.||Computing|
|I can program a robot or software to do a particular task.||Computing|
|I can locate hot and cold areas of the world, in relations to the Equator and the North and South Poles.||Geography|
|I can develop a wide range of art and design techniques in using colour, pattern, texture, line, shape, form and space (covered through use of drawing , painting, colour theory, sculpture, collage, printing and textiles).||Art and Design|
|I can make and combine sounds musically.||Music|
|I can understand where food comes from.||Science|
Impact: What specific wider skills will be developed during this theme, which will be assessed at different times by the teacher and by the pupil?
Learning Skills Statements
- I can keep going even when the going gets tough.
- I am happy to have a go a something that is new to me.
- I can ask questions linked to my learning.
- I can suggest a way forward following a dispute.
- I am happy to share my learning with others.
- I am happy to lead and be directed by others.
- I can present and talk about my learning with unfamiliar people.
Reynolds Academy PrincipalRebecca Scott
Tollbar MAT Chief ExecutiveDavid J Hampson
OBE, BSc, BA.